Trip Check List
Parents – Please review this info with your scouts
and siblings prior to the trip.
Things to Bring:
1. Sleeping bag and pillow.
2. Washcloth, towel, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste.
3. Proper clothing. Remember it can be a lot cooler near Lake Michigan
than it is at your home. Bring cool weather clothing.
5. Snacks and drinks.
6. Cards, board games, videos, Frisbee, baseball + mitt, etc.
7. Spending money for gift shop and next day.
1. No running in the submarine or in parking lot.
2. The sidewalk is off limits to children.
3. No gum is allowed on the sub.
4. All food (including snacks) and drink must stay in the mess hall.
5. The sinks and toilets on the sub are non-functional. Do not use or
pour anything into them.
6. Do not touch any knobs, switches, dials, buttons, levers, or wheels
on the sub.
7. Children may not leave the sub after dark unless accompanied by an
- For those not participating in the underwater robot class, the arrival time is 5:30pm.
Saturday, April 20th.
- Once everyone has gathered, the overnight supervisor will review
the rules. Parents are needed to sign up for night watch (1 hour
- Guided tours. The guided tours will start but can only accommodate
25 people so we’ll have to go in shifts. You may visit the museum or
gift shop or play games (bring baseball + mitt, Frisbees, kickball’s,
etc.) in the adjacent yard while waiting your turn for a tour.
- Chow. We will have pizza and drinks for dinner. You can bring your
own food for dinner if you like. You can eat in the museum or on the
outdoor picnic tables. We may eat before the tours if time allows.
- As a group, we will help retire the colors.
- The overnight supervisor will assign bunks and you can bring your
gear onto the Sub.
- Free time. You can do the scavenger hunt, play cards, watch movies,
have snacks, have a campfire, etc.
- 10:00 pm is the start of quiet time. If you want to remain outside
after this time, you must be quiet or you will be restricted to the
- The gift shop and indoor restrooms will remain open till about
midnight. The porta-johns are available all night. REMEMBER YOUR
- 11:00 pm is lights out. All outdoor activity must stop and you must
remain quiet on the submarine. First watch begins. At least one adult
must be awake at all times. The officer of watch must make checks
through the entire vessel every hour. The schedule of watch officers
must be posted in the mess with the bunk location of each listed.
- 7:30 am is lights on. Rise and shine!
- 8:00 am - Reveille and Colors
- 8:05 am – Breakfast time if desired. You must supply your own
breakfast, which you may eat in the museum. Many people will just stop
for breakfast on their way home.
- 8:30 am – Off-load gear and clean up your mess. Check under your
bunks! Remove all garbage.
- 9:00 am – Boat inspection. This is a good time to make last minute
purchases from the gift shop. The group leader will be presented with
the overnight certificates.
- 9:30 am – Departure time. Drive home safely.
Please stay and help with clean up. If many people help, it should
only take about 20 minutes. Thank you.